Community Support Program
Friendship House provides various emergency services to people in the surrounding community who are in need. Unfortunate or unforeseen situations may arise in anyone's life when a person may need assistance with certain living costs.
"Our Daily Bread" Emergency Food Program
- Emergency Food Pantry provides service for low income persons in the 61603 area code. Referrals are coordinated with local food pantries.
- Pantry is every Wednesday from 12:30 pm to 1:45 pm.
- The Emergency Services Food Pantry also offers "Sunday Blessings," one of the only soup kitchens to provide a hot meal in the Peoria area open on Sundays
- The Friendship House offers emergency service programs which help individuals with rent and utility payments to help deter homelessness.
"Our Daily Threads" Thrift Closet
- Quality used clothing and household items are donated and may be purchased for a minimal price through the Thrift Closet.
- It is open Thursdays from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm in the Friendship House gym..
Well Baby Needs/New Baby Layettes
- The Friendship House also provides support for the needs of mothers and babies by promoting parenting skills and providing diapers, infant formula, and layettes.
"All the Living Creatures"- Pet Food Distribution
- The Peoria County Animal Protection Services provides free dog and cat food to Friendship House for pets on the near north side and East Bluff.
- Food pantry served 520 households, 1,570 individuals, and gave out 32,970 meals
- Sunday Blessings served 6,032 meals
- 35,536 items were distributed from Heart of Illinois Harvest Bread through Friendship House
- 200 households and 538 individuals received personal hygiene and infant needs
, Director of Emergency Services
Peoria Friendship House of Christian Service
800 NE Madison ∙ Peoria, IL 61603
These programs are funded by:
|The Purse and Suit of Happiness Luncheon - Apr 25th, 2014|
The Purse and Suit of Happiness Luncheon
presented by Commerece Bank
Friday, April 25, 2014
Par-A-Dice Hotel - East Peoria, IL
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Featured Speaker - Diane Cullinan Oberhelman